YOU CAN BE A HOSPICE VOLUNTEER!
Volunteers are an integral part of hospice care. Whether it’s providing companionship to a person in the final months and weeks of life, or offering support to their family members and caregivers, the contributions of volunteers are essential to the hospice team. Bristol Hospice provides the training and supervision to support you in this valuable work.
Every hospice relies on volunteer support to provide excellent end-of-life care to each patient and family. By being a hospice volunteer, you can gain great personal satisfaction from knowing that you have made a difference in another person’s life.
Some examples of volunteer duties are:
- Providing companionship to a patient and their family
- Being a comforting and supportive presence
- Providing caregiver relief
- Helping with light housekeeping or meal preparation for the patient and family
- Bereavement Program support
- Participating in the We Honor Veterans Program
- Office support
Interested in becoming a volunteer?